The main aim to open this program is to train students in the area of Nutrition, Dietetics, Clinical Nutrition, Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology, Food Preservation, Food Packaging, Processing of Fruits, Vegetables, Cereals, Pulses, Oilseeds, Milk, Meat and their products. Beside this, practical training is also being imparted in the areas of Clinical study, Food Analysis, Quality Tests and Food Evaluation.
The objectives of Nutrition and Food Engineering are
- To increase the employability in the food processing sector of Bangladesh and abroad
- To expose the participants to the basic essentials of food technology & preservation so that they become capable of independently handling food processing units.
- To make them understand the nutritional sides, which may help, inoculate the scientific view regarding dietary habits of population.
- To enable the participants to keep themselves at least of recent changes in Food technology & management.
- To appreciate the management & marketing perspective of food processing industry.
- Finally to create necessary awareness regarding the factors affecting food processing & preservation.
- The need for qualified nutrition expert is very important, as he/she understand the importance of nutrition & its relation to health.
- To be able to list good sources of major nutrients to enumerate basic food groups & contribution of each group for planning a balanced diet.
- To be able to state environmental pollutants.
- To be able to recognize early symptoms of common diseases.