Daffodil International University has been designed in every aspect of American model. The undergraduate degree is for four years duration. Students take courses each semester and these courses have credits assigned to them and credits are counted towards the degree. Students are being graduated once they have the requisite number of credits & minimum grade point. Initially the university offers the bachelor's and master's degree. The master's programs are of two years duration. The university may also offer special courses tailored for people in the work force, e.g., diploma courses. Diploma holders with excellent grade point will have the option for higher studies in the proposed university. An academic year in the university is divided into three semesters - fall, summer and spring.
Key Points of DIU
Daffodil International University is.
- A leading Bangladeshi university with international facilities for quality teaching.
- A university with a rich and fully automated library.
- A university with adequate laboratory facilities; there are twelve different categories of lab allocation for Faculty of Science and Information Technology (FSIT).
- A university with a full-fledged research center in the Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE).
- A university with opportunities for higher study in Europe, Australia and North America.
- A caring university; the career development center (CDC) of DIU provides jobs and internships for students.
- A professional university with close links to industry and commerce.
- An attractive university; campus is at the center of the heritage site of Dhaka.
- A safe and supportive university with impressive services, which pays attention to special needs.
- A university with outstanding social, cultural and sports facilities for students.
The specific targets & objectives of Daffodil International University are as follows:
- An Information Technology & business education-based university which directly facilitates our students’ access to the international job market in Computer and IT fields.
- The University has been established to provide Global Standard Education (GSE) in Bangladesh.
- The University is committed to providing degree courses to GSE level and is accredited by internationally recognized accreditation bodies, like ACBSP, AACSB. Our aim is to establish degrees equivalent to those offered by universities in the USA through World Education Services (WES).
- Providing high quality education for the development of human resources with the competence to compete in the contemporary world market.
- Conducting and supporting research for the advancement of knowledge and the socio-economic development of the country through application of technology-oriented skills.
- Contributing to the moral and ethical development of the common people to create a society, which is free from corruption, and is enduring and respectful of all beliefs and opinions for co-existence in peace and harmony in a good environment in society.
- Creating a congenial academic environment for youth, free from political and other disturbances for their intellectual development.
- Creating opportunities in education for all groups of people in the country, including rural and urban students as employees on campus, online and through distance learning education.
- Developing and training students to meet the ever-growing demand for efficient marketing executives and IT personnel in Bangladesh.
- Research and Monitoring Team (RMT) is engaged in new developments in education in developed countries to identify trends improving the standard of education.
A direct link exists between a university's mission and the characteristics of students served by its educational programs. Thus, program design and student selection are interdependent processes. Careful planning and implementation of these processes are necessary.
DIU selects students consistent with its mission. The University should make continuous effort to achieve demographic diversity in its student enrolment. The policies for admission to degree programs at the undergraduate level should be clear. Retention policies for undergraduate students should be consistent with an objective of producing high quality graduates.
The Credit Hour System
The procedures of the credit hour semester system are accepted in the academic programs of DIU, comprising 14 weeks of instruction each semester.
However, there are 3 credit hour courses having 42 instruction hours. The credit hour system has flexibility for students with a view to proceeding according to their competence and eagerness as well as interest.
The Semester System and Semester Schedules
The adoption of the semester system in lieu of yearly system is an essential element of studying at DIU. An academic year has three semesters, each of 4 months duration which are allocated in the following manner: 14 weeks of instruction and 2 weeks for registration and examinations.
Work Load and Expected Duration of a Program
A student with a typical workload has 15 credit hours per semester. 4 years are therefore required for completion of a Bachelor's degree (Honors).
A student in a Master's program typically has 12 credit hours and 3 semesters are required for completion of Master's degree.
In addition, there is sufficient flexibility for students to modify these guidelines, should they so wish.